This blog is a discussion board for students in Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition at Bridgman High School. Students are encouraged to share their views, thoughts, opinions, and reactions to the texts we read and to use the blog as a resource for comprehension and appreciation of literature and the pursuit of learning.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Reading place...
So I have been having trouble getting "into" Catch-22. I tried reading in bed, but that made me tired. And I tried reading at the neighbors pond, but the geese hissed and the bugs were annoying. I was on p 25. Today I tried reading on top of the dryer and now I'm on p 60 (not to mention I got 3 loads of laundry done). So glad I found a good place to do some comprehensive reading :D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As cliche' as it sounds, the library isn't a bad place to read, especially if there are comfy chairs. The SJ public library has some nice wing-back chairs in its solarium. I can't read on the couch because it makes me too sleepy. I love reading outside, but not when the weather is the way it is now :/
ReplyDeleteI've found that Caffe Tosi's in downtown SJ is a good reading spot. And their tasty chocolate croissants and good selection of teas is an added bonus :)
What other favorite reading spots can you suggest?
I love libraries, but I tend to have difficulty reading when there isn't at least some noise. But preferably not my little brother's video games or spongebob :/. I typically go for white noise like a fan or some such thing. Also, for me I'd have to either go 15 minutes to Bridgman or 10 minutes to Three Oaks to go to a library.
ReplyDeleteThe beach has always been one of my favorite places to read :)
Andrea, I know exactly what you're talking about sister!! This book makes me so sleepy and it's hard to find a good spot to read so I won't fall asleep!
ReplyDeleteRight? The "Airplane"/"Who's on First"esq comedy is kind of hard to interpret when I'm almost asleep. The first time I tried to read it, I read about two pages, then took a nap.
ReplyDelete