I think Shakespeare does deserve the popularity that he has earned as an influential poet and dramatist. His works are read in schools and everyone knows Shakespeare’s name. I agree with Meg about his work being beautifully written. As time continues to go by Shakespeare has kept his popularity instead of it diminishing.
I don’t think that another Shakespeare is possible in a world where just anyone can write. I also agree with Alex that since literature is being mass produced it isn’t as special. That is one thing that I think is so great about Shakespeare’s work, there weren’t as many writers back then so he stood out more.
Personally I don’t think there are any contemporary authors who can earn a place by Shakespeare. Shakespeare was a writer of great works and people who write now may write good pieces of literature but they will never be on the same level to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment